Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is searching for a visionary and action-oriented Director of Engineering to lead our software development strategies and teams into the future. This software engineering leader is responsible for building and managing the teams that design, develop, and maintain technical solutions across HelloFresh’s US digital domain. This includes our consumer-facing web applications. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the company to design innovative solutions and balance competing priorities and tech resource demand.
The Director of Engineering will work with key Technology and Product leaders across the Global Organization to set company strategy and evaluate technology-related priorities. You have a knack for listening intently to stakeholders and then working rapidly with product, architecture and other technical disciplines to develop solutions to achieve business goals. The candidate for this role will have impeccable management and communication skills -- knowing both how to lead and build high-performing software development teams and how to build leadership support for proactive solutions to anticipated technology challenges. You relentlessly pursue team effectiveness, improved development velocity, and code quality through innovative ideas, processes, and solutions. You will be accountable for ensuring that our systems and code remain up-to-date and flexible to act on future business opportunities quickly.
- Provide strategic direction, development oversight, and performance accountability for HelloFresh’s built digital environment.
- Work with product development, architecture, data analytics, project management office and other stakeholders to develop, evaluate and pursue long-term initiatives.
- Be the champion of the engineering team for continuous improvement to processes, and standards based on current and planned development needs.
- Coach, develop, and lead engineering team members to ensure organization, department, and individual goals are met.
- Work with HR and Org Development teams to build HelloFresh’s tech brand and recruiting efforts; play a lead role in attracting and hiring top talent.
- Establish and instill development best practices, including robust QA, end-user feedback, and processes to engage and support company stakeholders. Push team to evaluate edge cases, encourage innovation, and design with testing in mind.
- Oversee the department operating budget to ensure business goals are met with the greatest efficiency
- Be part of the engineering leadership team and help set strategy and goals across multiple engineering teams
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Engineering or a closely related degree.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience and team management experience. 2+ years with B2C eCommerce platforms and technology, food, or CPG experience preferred
- Experience managing a team of teams (managing multiple teams at the same time)
- Experience leading a design process that allows for scaling a digital technology ecosystem for volume, multiple brands, new digital properties.
- Experience leading evaluations to refactor or replace legacy systems, as well as developing and deploying solutions and processes to handle complex technology transitions and decisions
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with non-technical team members. Proven ability to discern business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build and execute innovative digital product, combined with tactical ability to execute simultaneously against multiple competing priorities
- Possess the ability to influence others, implement change, and standardize processes in a complex business environment
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.