At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Develop and empower a team of designers and design leads. This means setting clear goals for team members, ensuring that the team focuses on the right problems and supporting career growth.
- Lead design strategy in multiple work streams, collaborating cross-functionally with product and engineering counterparts to align on company goals.
- Guide and support best practices and work flows to ensure high bar of quality and timely delivery.
- Actively recruit and fine-tune the hiring process of designers and UX writers, based on the needs of the company and skill-sets within the team.
- Maintain and improve a culture of open communication, positivity and feedback within the team, embodying these principles yourself foremost.
- Be highly communicative about the design team’s impact with senior management and the rest of the company to empower and give visibility to the design team.
- Seek and induce alignment across the broader HelloFresh group, with local brand and graphical design teams.
Who we are looking for
- Relevant experience within the digital product design field.
- Experience within design management.
- Experience setting up scalable design organizations to support continued team growth.
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in building teams, guiding design strategy within a cross-functional setup, as well as setting standards for work flows and quality.
- Experience in shaping products in collaboration with product and engineering. This should be evident in your portfolio of work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.